BEFORE YOU BUY
The cost of a DVD title to an individual school is as per the price advertised above for a single copy.
For use with larger groups, please contact us to discuss a licence.
What is it?
Mathematics at KS1 to KS3 (B): Material to support the implementation of the National Curriculum Vol 3
Each DVD pack is supplied with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation with notes to stimulate thought and discussion and enable the footage to be used for training purposes. This DVD pack focuses on Fractions and Multiplicative Reasoning. The Fractions section seeks to address the higher expectations in Fractions that the curriculum demands, in particular the ability to develop a secure understanding of, and calculate with, fractions. Calculating with Fractions is a new statutory requirement at Key Stage 2. Multiplicative Reasoning is central to the KS3 curriculum, but needs to begin at primary level. Representations in terms of the bar model and double number line are used to support reasoning, which will in turn support problem solving.
What are the benefits?
- Shares best practice in teaching Fractions and Multiplicative Reasoning
- Develops staff confidence in addressing the demands of the New Curriculum
- Improves the quality of teaching and learning
- Includes professionally filmed footage of real lessons and interviews with teachers
- Asks focused questions at specific ‘pause points’ to prompt discussion and reflection
What does it contain?
Mathematics at KS1 to KS3 Vol 3 contains video clips and a PowerPoint on:
- Multiplicative Reasoning
What do I need to run it?
- DVD player
- PC or Macintosh with relevant DVD software
- CD-ROM drive
- Adobe Reader