BEFORE YOU BUY
The cost of a DVD title to an individual school is as per the price advertised above for a single copy.
For use with larger groups, please contact us to discuss a licence.
What is it?
Mathematics at KS1 to KS3 (A): Material to support the implementation of the National Curriculum Vol 2
Each DVD pack is supplied with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation with notes to stimulate thought and discussion and enable the footage to be used for training purposes. This DVD pack focuses on Division and Algebra. The Division section includes a consideration of the structures of division in terms of grouping and sharing at Key Stage 1; moving into a written algorithm at Key Stage 2 and demonstration of fluency at Key Stage 3. The Algebra section addresses the demands of the New Curriculum to introduce formal algebra into KS2. This builds on the firm foundation that pupils have in arithmetic.
What are the benefits?
- Shares best practice in teaching Division and Algebra
- Develops staff confidence in addressing the demands of the New Curriculum
- Improves the quality of teaching and learning
- Includes professionally filmed footage of real lessons and interviews with teachers
- Asks focused questions at specific ‘pause points’ to prompt discussion and reflection
What does it contain?
Mathematics at KS1 to KS3 Vol 2 contains video clips and a PowerPoint on:
What do I need to run it?
- DVD player
- PC or Macintosh with relevant DVD software
- CD-ROM drive
- Adobe Reader