BEFORE YOU BUY
The cost of a DVD title to an individual school is as per the price advertised above for a single copy.
For use with larger groups, please contact us to discuss a licence.
What is it?
Primary Mathematics Vol I
Each DVD pack is supplied with an accompanying powerpoint presentation with notes to stimulate thought and discussion and enables the footage to be used for training purposes. The DVD looks at elements of progression in multiplication across the primary school in the context of children practising table facts and developing fluency. A Key Stage 1 teacher reinforces children’s understanding of the concept through pictures and symbols. Later in her lesson she introduces the commutative law for multiplication through the image of an array. In Lower Key Stage 2, the array is linked to the grid method as an interim step for multiplication and in Upper Key Stage 2, children are successfully introduced to the compact algorithm. Progression in subtraction looks at elements of Key Stage 2 and explores partitioning and how this links to exchange in the decomposition method for subtraction. Learning number facts demonstrates all four operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and shows children from across the primary school engaging in activities to develop fluency. Number and place value shows children developing confidence in understanding and applying key concepts, such as inverse relationships and place value.
What are the benefits?
- Shares best practice in teaching calculation
- Develops staff confidence in addressing the demands of the New Curriculum
- Improves the quality of teaching and learning
- Includes professionally filmed footage of real lessons and interviews with teachers
- Asks focused questions at specific ‘pause points’ to prompt discussion and reflection
What does it contain?
Primary Mathematics Vol 1 contains video clips and a PowerPoint on:
- Number facts
- Number and place value
Plus additional materials including:
- Progression maps by national curriculum topic
- Maths to share 1 - CPD materials
- Maths to share 2 - Further CPD materials
- Primary workshops
- Mathemapedia extracts
What do I need to run it?
- DVD player
- PC or Macintosh with relevant DVD software
- CD-ROM drive
- Adobe Reader