BEFORE YOU BUY
The cost of a DVD title to an individual school is as per the price advertised above for a single copy.
Licensing rates and discounts are available for use with larger groups of individuals/organisations, such as Local Authorities, clusters and consultants. Please contact us to discuss a licence.
What is it?
Lesson observation is a key skill, and developing efficient and effective practices in order to objectively evaluate teaching and its impact on learning is a vital part of raising achievement.
The national curriculum, introduced in 2014, has had a significant impact on teaching, learning and assessment, and this DVD features a primary school that has embraced the changes. Teachers within the school began to adapt their styles and teaching approaches to meet the demands of the curriculum, whilst recognising that there was more to be done. Schools are unique – each has different contexts, levels of expertise and resources. What works well in one school may not work as successfully in another. However, we hope that by watching one school’s approach to curriculum change, you will be inspired to rise to the challenge and have confidence to seize the opportunity to improve teaching and learning in your school.
Filmed in 2015, this DVD features natural footage of teaching and learning, together with teacher interviews, examples of lesson plans and pupil work. Each DVD pack is supplied with detailed guidance notes which enable the footage to be used for training purposes.
What are the benefits?
- Shares best practice in undertaking lesson observations and learning walks
- Provides examples of approaches to teaching and learning under the 2014 national curriculum
- Supports staff to judge lessons consistently and in line with the current inspection framework
- Develops staff confidence in lesson observation and feedback
- Contains detailed guidance and extensive training materials outlining how best to use the resources to improve the quality of teaching and develop practice in lesson observation
- Includes professionally filmed footage of real lessons, interviews with teachers and pupils, examples of lesson plans and students’ work
- Prompts discussion and reflection
- Provides material that can be used as an interview task when appointing middle and senior leaders
What does it contain?
Lessons in Observation: Primary Vol 5 includes:
- Year 2 Literacy: Writing a setting description (Pandora's Box).
- Year 2 Numeracy: Times tables.
What do I need to run it?
- DVD player
- PC or Macintosh with relevant DVD software
- CD-ROM drive
- Adobe Reader