BEFORE YOU BUY
The cost of a DVD title to an individual school is as per the price advertised above for a single copy.
For use with larger groups of individuals, please contact us to discuss a licence.
What is it?
Lesson observation is a key skill, and developing efficient and effective practices in order to objectively evaluate teaching and its impact on learning is a vital part of raising achievement. Tribal has produced a brand new range of DVDs which feature realistic, natural footage of teaching and learning, together with staff interviews, examples of lesson plans and pupil work. Each DVD pack is supplied with detailed guidance notes which enable the footage to be used for training purposes. Specific ‘pause points’ on the DVDs have been identified by experienced consultants, who have created focused questions that can prompt discussion and reflection.
What are the benefits?
- Shares best practice in undertaking lesson observations and learning walks
- Supports staff to judge lessons consistently and in line with the current inspection framework
- Develops staff confidence in lesson observation and feedback
- Contains detailed guidance and extensive training materials outlining how best to use the resources to improve the quality of teaching and develop practice in lesson observation
- Includes professionally filmed footage of real lessons, interviews with teachers and pupils, examples of lesson plans and students’ work
- Asks focused questions at specific ‘pause points’ to prompt discussion and reflection
- Provides material that can be used as an interview task when appointing middle and senior leaders
What does it contain?
Lessons in Observation: Early Years Foundation Stage includes:
- A Day in Reception Class: Registration/Early Morning Activities; Adult-directed activities; Snack time; Writing; Planning; Children-initiated learning; Outdoor learning; Adults reviewing children’s learning.
- Nursery Numeracy: Child-initiated activities; Key Worker group; Adult-directed learning; Outdoor learning.
- Reception Numeracy: ‘One more and one less’.
What do I need to run it?
- DVD player
- PC or Macintosh with relevant DVD software
- CD-ROM drive
- Adobe Reader